Re: PKI

From: Paul Adare (padare_at_newsguy.com)
Date: 09/11/05

    Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:59:38 -0400

    In article <OfXN60qtFHA.256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, in the
    microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Gopi
    <gopigopi@hotmail.com> says...

    > Hi
    > we have using windows 2003 Certificate Server, and all the clients are
    > working fine. no issues.
    > Windows XP clients are working fine, windows 2000 professional clients
    > autoenrollment are not working.
    > we have to enable any group policy for 2000 professional clients or any
    > templets need to be created for 2000 professional? please advice.

    Windows 2000 clients do not support autoenrollment, they only support
    Automatic Certificate Request Settings (ACRS) and then only for V1
    templates and only for computer certificates.

    You can find details on the Microsoft web site by googling for Automatic
    Certificate Requests Settings.

    --
    Paul Adare
    MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine

    • Re: Certificate Authority Bug Found in W2k SP3 ?
      ... > results with the following clients, Windows XP IE 6.0, Windows XP SP1 IE ... > 6.0 which prompts to install 2 certificates for Microsoft Certificate ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Certificate Authority problem with Win2k SP3
      ... > results with the following clients, Windows XP IE 6.0, Windows XP SP1 IE ... > 6.0 which prompts to install 2 certificates for Microsoft Certificate ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Windows 2003 Certificate Services - problem downloading Active X control
      ... I'm having a problem with Certificate Services on a Windows 2003 ... unable to successfully request a certificate from some clients because ... Problem clients include Windows 2003 (same server where CA ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Digital Certificate Deployment
      ... Good advice as long as the Certificate Authority is an enterprise CA ... do not have to be wireless clients. ... A user on any Windows 2003 or Windows XP ... enterprise CA installed on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: updates after format
      ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)