Re: NET command can't handle groups longer then 15 characters

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 09/07/05

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:56:14 -0500

You might try using Group Policy Restricted Groups with the "member of"
option to add the group to the local group. You could for instance try such
at the OU level with the computers you want the group to be added to in the
OU. You can simply type in the name of the local group since you may not be
able to find it with the browse function. The link below may help. ---
Steve

"enders" <enders2010.5357414@bloglines.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using the NET command to put a global group into a local group.
> Unfortunately the NET command can't handle groupnames longer then
> 15 characters. BTW we are using windows 2003 server with sp 1.
>
> Any suggestions or alternatives ?
>
> With regards,
>
> Constantijn Enders

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AdvancedProblem:RemoteDesktop into Trusted Domain w/GP permission
    ... actually added to DomainB's member servers groups." ... Administrators vs Domain Admins <as set on the DC in Domain Users and ... Group to a Domain Local group that you've added to a resource such as a ...
  • RE: Permissions
    ... administrative permissions in each domain (Domainb.local ... Create a local group on the member server in the ... >Symptom 1 often occurs when the domain administrators ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Nesting domain groups under local groups
    ... seem to indicate that if I make a local group a member of a role in an SQL ... Server database, a domain user that is a member of a domain group, which is ... groups in SQL Server. ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI ...
  • Re: Adding Domain User to local PC
    ... Group Policy to add you to the list of allowed users to connect using remote ... If your user is a member of Domain Admins and remote desktop is enabled on ... The procedure would be to bind to the domain user (or ... >> group), bind to the local group on the PC, then use the Add method of the ...
  • RE: Local Admins
    ... Where groupname = the name of the local group of which to display members. ... they are a member. ... firewall security suite that prevent Web applications attacks, ... Policy Automation for Web Applications. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)