Re: Error 1332: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done - after dcpromo

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 08/31/05

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:37:20 -0700

IIS has to be installed after a machine is promoted to DC status.
If done before, then the promotion gets rid of the machine local
SAM and all the machine local accounts, which the IIS was of
course configured to use (IUsr_, IWam_).
In theory one can define new accounts in the domain for use and
get these all correctly provisioned, but it is much more simple to
just follow the planning guides and only install IIS after dcpromo.

--
Roger
"Paul MacFarlane" <pmacfarlane@mullenlaw.com> wrote in message
> We have an exchange 2003 server on w2k3 that was promoted to an domain
> control in a windows 2000 active directory.
>
> After this, W3svc will not start and gives the above error message.
>
> All dependent services are running. No other service refused to start.
>
> Is it a folder access rights problem?
>
> The event is 7023 - filename netevent.dll
> other events I've seen include: 1005 - file: iisres.dll
>
> Also:  running:  sc query w3svc
>
> SERVICE_NAME: w3svc
>        TYPE               : 20  WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
>        STATE              : 1  STOPPED
>                                (NOT_STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE,
> IGNORES_SHUTDOWN))
>
>        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 1332  (0x534)