Re: Grant Object Access

From: Andrew Hayes (AndrewHayes_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/22/05

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:01:19 +0900

Hello Brian,

You are correct. The COM+ wrapper that I wrote around the Scheduler system
component is called from a .ASP page (not ASP.NET) that the user is
redirected to when the upload of their data file is complete.

The wrapper is a traditional COM component written in VC++ that I use to
enumerate and create a task in the Scheduler to run an EXE that handles the
virus checking of the uploaded file.

As for being locked down... Well, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Windows Update has been done repeatedly until there were no more updates to
install. I do remember something about seeing a "tighten security on IIS"
task in the IIS Manager, but that option disappeared after installing
Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Does that help any?

Regards...Andrew