Re: GPO Password length not working

From: CB (CB_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/20/05

    Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:47:31 -0700

    OK, I'm obviously confused... I thought the way that the AD and domains vs.
    servers worked was that if there was a domain policy, it took precedence over
    the local system policy. I did the net accounts on the domain controllers and
    all of them reported back the local policy settings which are still set to
    defaults for a Windows 2000 Server. So is what you are saying that since
    there is a passowrd length defined at the lower level of "local policy" that
    the later higher priority of domain policy setting it to a length of
    something differnt is ignored? That I need to set the local policy for each
    domain controller to be not defined for the settings I want controlled by the
    domain policy?