Re: Securing Remote Desktop To Server

From: keith (kdpawson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:54:10 +1000

Is it possible to give them another account and place it in another OU with
a serious GP lockdown i.e. only with the access rights to that application?

Just a thought...

Cheers
Keith

"Harry" <no@mailever.com> wrote in message
>I need to give someone console access to our server because one of the
>server applications is only managable from the server. I don't want to make
>the person an admin over the server, but do need to have them login via
>remote desktop from their workstation. What is the best way to set this up?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Permissions problems
    ... network access rights to the web server. ... > I can access the webs if I use a copy of FrontPage on the server itself. ... > I have domain admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Permissions problems
    ... It turns out that it is only my profile that is causing this problem. ... > network access rights to the web server. ... Domain admins are special beasts ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Backing up to a different server
    ... In terms of who has access rights, ... appropriate permissions to the other server, ... >>the network isn't necessarily the best idea. ... >>backup to a local drive and then copy the backup to ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: problem connection on a share
    ... either that or they receive a message stating the user does not have access rights ... There is a uni-directionnal trust from the workstation's domain to the server's domain (i.e. the workstation domain TRUSTS accounts from the server domain). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Cant Download .exe but no URLScan.ini
    ... files is None for scripts and anonymous access allowed using the!USR ... account, ... > URLScan.ini from the lockdown tool. ... > there is no URLScan.ini on my server, and I do not think URLScan has ...