Securing Remote Desktop To Server

From: Harry (no_at_mailever.com)
Date: 08/11/05

    Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:30:26 -0400

    I need to give someone console access to our server because one of the
    server applications is only managable from the server. I don't want to make
    the person an admin over the server, but do need to have them login via
    remote desktop from their workstation. What is the best way to set this up?

    • Re: Your favorite server apps (firewall, DHCP, etc.)
      ... favorite server applications - firewall, DHCP server, mail server, print ... Just as I have favorite distros for the desktop (Puppy Linux, ... I should have favorite server applications. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • XP Pro file sharing (SMB) performance problem
      ... a few server applications (it previously had a trial edition of Win2K ...
    • Re: Terminal services and Scheduled tasks
      ... is ONE session for ONE user. ... logged into the console to actually run. ... If it can't run as a service, then it shouldn't run on a server. ... W2K3 is supposed to be designed for server applications. ...
    • Re: Server build type
      ... workstation GC. ... The GC server is optimized for 'throughput' (server applications), ... That means that a GC doesn't run on the user thread, ...
    • temporary workaround for most recent openssl remote exploit?
      ... Disabling the SSL2 protocol in server applications should render ... There is no known workaround for client ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)