Re: cannot change domain user profile display settings

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 08/05/05

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:08:18 -0700

As a workaround, at that user account to the Administrators group
on that machine, then log in with the account, alter the setting, and
then remove the membership in Administrators group.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"Joe" <candulj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings Everyone,
> I have  a situation where the domain user profile's display settings turns
> off the monitor after 15 minutes on an xp pro pc that's logged into a
domain
> located on a windows 2003 server. When I try to change the settings while
> logged in as the domain user account, the security policy states that I do
> not have the permissons to change this setting. I tryed logging into this
pc
> with the domain administrator account and can successfully change the
> display settings only on the domain administrator profile but not the
domain
> users profile. How do I change the display settings on a domain user's
> profile and prevent the user from changing these settings. Thank you in
> advance.
>
> Joe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Restore a former User Account after OS reinstall?
    ... However, in the course of doing so, they thought it would help to reinstall ... They created a new User Account called "Owner"; ... "My Name," to restore all of its settings, hopefully including applications' ... How about treating your old profile as a profile that somehow got ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: remove internet access from one profile
    ... profile by logging on as her and going to Internet Explorer ... options/connections - lan settings and setting a the proxy server to be ... user account full control deny permissions to it. ... You can restrict a non administrator user's access to any folder or file ...
  • Re: sp2 - sysprep overwrites default user
    ... You customize the local administrator profile rather than the default user ... over to the default user account. ... >> There is no loss of user settings. ... This is customization process, some ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: remove internet access from one profile
    ... profile by logging on as her and going to Internet Explorer tools/internet ... options/connections - lan settings and setting a the proxy server to be ... user account full control deny permissions to it. ... You can restrict a non administrator user's access to any folder or file on ...