Re: Exchange cluster ip on firewall

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/30/05

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:42:59 +1000

I guess your complaint is that SMTP Server is clustered resource but SMTP
clients are not... I suppose you don't need to allow inbound connectivity to
the nodes?

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"Jay Quadri" <jay@net-secured.com> wrote in message
> After hours of twicking, I was amazed to find that you needed to allow all
> the three external ip address : port 25 to any one the firewall.
Shouldn't
> it be just the virtual IP address talking port 25 on the firewall? What
> going on.
>
> Regard
> JB

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SMTP problems w/firewall!
    ... Then allow the connection to the port 25 of that SMTP server ... in your firewall settings (it would be the rule to allow any port on your ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Help setting up smtp
    ... We do have port 25 open and nat setup on the f/w. ... use the ip address of the 'new' smtp server, I get the message that the ... >>need to do to get this to relay mail out of our internal network. ... > You'll need to provide connectivity for port 25 through your firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Iptables, tcpdump and smtp... Hmmm
    ... > I ran a tcp dump with the firewall activated and one without. ... The SMTP server is trying to talk to your machine on port some high ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... This class is new in the .NET Framework version 2.0. ... //to change the port, ... view the Properties of the Default SMTP Server; ... Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP ...
  • Re: Mail sent through IIS virtual SMTP server not arriving
    ... //to change the port, ... view the Properties of the Default SMTP Server; ... anything about the virtual SMTP server on my IIS 5.1. ... ' Create a new blank MailMessage ...