Re: Group Policy????

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/26/05

    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:51:49 +1000

    Udi,

    Use domain/OU policies - they override local policies, so you have less to
    manage.
    I'd suggest to post to microsoft.public.windows.group_policy newsgroup - you
    can access the groups directly using Outlook Express News account on
    msnews.microsoft.com, or via Microsoft Web interface at
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/, avoiding unecessary intermedate
    points and ads

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-
    "udi via WinServerKB.com" <forum@WinServerKB.com> wrote in message
    > I have 1 Windows 2003 Ent. Server (Domain) and 60 Windowxp professional
    > client.
    > I want to implement Group Policy in our Domain Environment.
    > Also I want to implement Local Policy on Every Client Machine.
    >
    > I want to apply following restriction in our Domain.
    > 1) Nobody's Logon to Local Machine
    > 2) Restrict all the Local System Resource except Owner of machine.
    > 3) Nobodys access local machine from network
    > 4) Restrict Operating System Drive on every client machine.
    >
    > Group Policy Object.
    > 1) Restrict Software installaltion for user
    > 2) Restrict some network sources.
    >
    > Can anybodys help me on this, also suggest any other activities restrict
    > through Group Policy as well as Local Machine Group Policy.
    >
    > Please guide me step by step..I so can easily implement in our domain
    > environment.
    >
    > Regards
    > Udi
    >

    > --

    http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-server-security/200506/1

    • Re: Group Policy???
      ... > I want to implement Group Policy in our Domain Environment. ... > Also I want to implement Local Policy on Every Client Machine. ... > 1) Nobody's Logon to Local Machine ... > 2) Restrict all the Local System Resource except Owner of machine. ...
    • Re: Group Policy????
      ... While you can do everything with group policy from AD ... want to make some settings unique to each machine, ... > 1) Nobody's Logon to Local Machine ... > 2) Restrict all the Local System Resource except Owner of machine. ...
    • Re: Group Policy???
      ... > I want to implement Group Policy in our Domain Environment. ... > Also I want to implement Local Policy on Every Client Machine. ... > 1) Nobody's Logon to Local Machine ... > 2) Restrict all the Local System Resource except Owner of machine. ...
    • Re: Setting up new users
      ... could do is to let the users logon as the guest account. ... configured in permissions for a share folder so keep that in mind. ... Use Group Policy to restrict the users further. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Read only account
      ... You can restrict a user account so that is only has read/list/execute ... services/client&server data redirection] to restrict redirection of ... to save their password for their TS client connection via Group Policy. ...