Re: Puzzling Security

From: Jason (jason.heltne_at_REMheltne.net)
Date: 06/26/05

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:25:00 -0500

I can install software, just not install hot fixes. For example, I am
trying to install the GPMC hotfix for Windows 2003. When I run the exe, the
error I get is:
===============
Setup Error

system administrator.
===============

Jason

"Jason" <jason.heltne@REMheltne.net> wrote in message
> We have inherited an active directory from another company. On every
> Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 server in their active directory, even if
> you
> are an Administrator, you cannot install Windows hotfixes. The only way
> we
> seem to be able to push updates is by using their Tivoli instance. My
> question is, why would this be? I went through the group policy settings
> and there is notthing that would appear to do this. Does anyone have any
> idea as to what is going on?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jason

Relevant Pages

  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Files Gone???
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... Decided to install within windows on a laptop. ... linux is not working, they just want it to work. ... Copied the cd to the hard drive and tried to install from there. ... computers that only had floppy drives, have you running all processes with ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)