Re: Giving users permission to an MMC

From: Grant (gpsnett_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/05

    Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:22:36 +0100

    Does it matter if the service is on a 2003 domain controller? I crated a
    group, added some users to it , ran the command specifying the group (got
    users to log off and back in again) - but when I asked one of them to manage
    the pc and browse to the domain controller, when I click the services it
    comes up with the permissions error.

    "Ishmealm" <Ishmealm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is how I allow developers to restart individual services on our
    > servers.
    > I have them do manage on their local pc's and then connect to the server.
    > They only have rights to what you run the command against, even though
    > they
    > can see all the servers and stuff:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288129
    >
    > The command looks like this:
    > SUBINACL /SERVICE \\Server-01\messenger /GRANT=sw\user=to
    >

    > "Grant" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Giuseppe ,
    >>
    >> Security on the msc file:
    >> domain\administrators - full control
    >> System - Fuill control
    >> Users(Domain\users) - Modify/read/write/execute
    >>
    >> I dont know what you mean by checking the ACL list. Where do I check
    >> this?
    >>

    >> "Giuseppe Nacci" <giuseppe.nacci@degennaro.biz> wrote in message
    >> > Check the ACL in a tab security list and report here what you see.
    >> > Report here also the ACL in a tab security of .msc file
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > ---
    >> > Giuseppe Nacci
    >> > Microsoft Certified System Engineer
    >> > Security Manager

    >> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
    >> > This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
    >> > above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
    >> > the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
    >> > is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
    >> > the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
    >> > replying to supporto.informatico@degennaro.biz
    >> > Thank you
    >> >

    >> > "Grant" <gpsnett@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

    • Re: dcdiag - advertising errors on newley promoted domain controller
      ... The existing domain controller in the same site had a journal wrap ... Alias and glue records for forest GUIDs from server: ... From a command prompt try and see if you get any additional ...
    • RE: Time Synchronisation
      ... All client desktop computers nominate the authenticating domain controller as their in-bound time partner. ... All member servers follow the same process as client desktop computers. ... Domain controllers may nominate the primary domain controller operations master as their in-bound time partner but may use a parent domain controller based on stratum numbering. ... More information about the net time command is available at a command prompt if you type the following command: ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
    • Re: Solution for KB892130 installation issues (0x80070005 errors)
      ... but now I get an error that the domain controller not found. ... So I had to restore my system to yesterday, then I tried the secedit ... ... Help How can I try the /areas REGKEYS SERVICES. ... What goes on the command line? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: w32tm - Missing registry keys
      ... I am trying to set my SBS2000 domain controller to ... This is the procedure I follow to configure my SBS server to ... synchronize with the U.S. NTP server pool and to act as an NTP server ... Enable the NTP client with the following command: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Windows Time service to use an external time source issue
      ... Try again using the following set of commands on the domain controller you ... want to be the root of your time synchronization hierarchy (usually, ... In the first command, instead of time.nist.com, you can specify any NTP ... If that doesn't solve the problem, please post copies of the Event Log ...