"An unexpected error has occurred:" while requesting a Certificat

From: gansan (gansan_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/15/05

    Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:24:19 -0700

    At my client place I have setup Windows 2003 and ISA 2004.
    I want to setup OWA with HTTPS.
    I tried to create ceertificate for this purpose.
    I could able to setup the "Certification Autority" server in a member
    server(windows 2003 Ent. ).
    But when I request for a certificate from another Windows server 2003 ,
    I got the error from CertRqMA.asp - "An unexpected error has occurred:"
    without any error code.
    When I browse the ASP file I found this error is thrown by the request
    CertificateAuthority.Request::GetCAProperty(sServerConfig,
    CR_PROP_CAEXCHGCERT, 0, PROPTYPE_BINARY, CR_OUT_BASE64)

    where I cofirmed the sServerConfig is matching with the dNsHostName in the
    AD.
    NOTE: There was a script error with the variable name was wrongly refered at
    the error message place. After fixing it , I got the continuation of error as
    "The parameter is incorrect.".
    I edited the script to prin the code and the code is "0xH80070057"

    Please throw me some light on what else to look for and how this can be
    resolved.

    I appreciate your help.

    Thanks
    gansan

    • Re: Boot problem, copied Master
      ... All you should need is the key for the setup that is on that disk. ... >> If you still can't get it going, try doing a repair install as that may ... >> with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation ... > it got to entering my product key, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Half way through reinstall of XP Pro, CD is no longer valid
      ... To setup Windows XP, prices ENTER ... Setup cannit find previous version of WIndows Installed. ... Yep, My previous attempt at a Repair failed, which forced me to ... install from scratch. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Half way through reinstall of XP Pro, CD is no longer valid
      ... To setup Windows XP, prices ENTER ... Setup cannit find previous version of WIndows Installed. ... Yep, My previous attempt at a Repair failed, which forced me to ... When performing a clean install using an Upgrade CD, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Best Setup?
      ... I would keep the current setup. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... We're running Windows Server 2003 on a Dell PowerStation server. ...
    • Re: Half way through reinstall of XP Pro, CD is no longer valid
      ... To setup Windows XP, prices ENTER ... Yep, My previous attempt at a Repair failed, which forced me to ... I have valid Retail upgrade and cannot install. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)