Re: GPO on specify server

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:29:54 -0700

One can target a subset of the machines (or users) within scope of a GPO's
application by use of security group filtering. In your case, one would
define a custom groups with the needed machines as members, and then
remove Authenticated Users and replace it with this custom group in the
security tab of the GPO.
Be careful with settings for services, as these include both the run state
and the security on the service (which usually must include System Full).

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"mchacon" <mchacon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I need to start a specific service on some domain controller with GPO. Is
it
> possible to do this without create a sub OU. In other words can i filter
the
> GPO?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Basic Sec Template Design
    ... defined in a GPO linked to the domain object to impact domain accounts ... allowed to impact machines then these impact the machine local ... Have you also reviewed the security guides? ...
  • Re: the exploit that wasnt
    ... The other Mac Book Pro? ... brought Microsoft into a security discussion about Mac OS X. ... The number of security patches, ... if you were to scan random machines on the internet for a week, how many Unix machines do you believe you would hit? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Cryptogram Comment
    ... Or had to go through setting up basic security for their ... > bother me with Windows questions. ... > machines are broken. ... and Linux and other open OS's make all patches FREE to redistribute. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Temporary Ban On Links In Posts To SRI
    ... understand that there is a risk when clicking ... low)" in the general case does not apply to SRI. ... implement the security measures recommended. ... update" even with machines that are restricted to only applications ...
    (soc.religion.islam)