Re: Event ID: 673 - Failure Audit

From: Ben (bjblackmore_at_xyz.hotmail.com)
Date: 05/24/05

    Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:16:44 +0100

    Hi Mike,

    Thanks for the heads up. I've just tried his solution. Won't know for a
    while, the error seems to pop up at random times, 4am last night!

    Cheers

    Ben

    "MikeH" <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ben, there is another post on 4.8.2005 from SteveErvo with a similar
    > issue.
    >
    > He resolved it by assigning a service principle name (SPN) for the machine
    > he was getting this error on.
    >
    > I am seeing this error, but it follows a Kerberos Pre-authentication Error
    > 0x19 - indicating the information provided for the authentication was
    > incomplete. Immediately following it I get the error you're talking about.
    >
    > I am still working on my issue, but thought I'd give you this head's up...
    >
    > HTH...
    >
    > "Ben" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm receiving the following error in my security log on our server. I've
    >> check the Microsoft Kbase, and eventid.net but I can't find anything to
    >> describe what the problem is. I have found details on event id 673, but
    >> they
    >> describe events with Ticket Option 0x40830000 nothing describing Option
    >> 0x40810000. This is the only error being received, and it seems to be
    >> happening at random times (I have one at 21:15 and 01:34). Can anyone
    >> shed
    >> some light on this?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Ben
    >>
    >> Event Type: Failure Audit
    >> Event Source: Security
    >> Event Category: Account Logon
    >> Event ID: 673
    >> Date: 22/05/2005
    >> Time: 15:34:03
    >> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >> Computer: SERVER1
    >> Service Ticket Request:
    >> User Name: SERVER2$@DOMAIN.COM
    >> User Domain: DOMAIN.COM
    >> Service Name: host/server2.domain.com
    >> Service ID: -
    >> Ticket Options: 0x40810000
    >> Ticket Encryption Type: -
    >> Client Address: 192.168.254.130
    >> Failure Code: 0x12
    >> Logon GUID: -
    >> Transited Services: -

    • Event ID: 673 - Failure Audit
      ... I'm receiving the following error in my security log on our server. ... describe events with Ticket Option 0x40830000 nothing describing Option ... Event Category: Account Logon ...
    • Re: Another Panhead Conversion Manifold Question
      ... measurements a machinist wouldn't need the old/original part ... ... ID on the receiving part. ... It may be time to take a real close look at the heads and decide to ... weld in o-ring nipples. ...
      (rec.motorcycles.harley)
    • Re: ping for dxAce re AFN
      ... John Plimmer wrote: ... re Diego Garcia I did mean 12759 that I was receiving as a result of your ... heads up, but now it is not coming through last week or so. ...
      (rec.radio.shortwave)
    • Re: ping for dxAce re AFN
      ... John Plimmer wrote: ... re Diego Garcia I did mean 12759 that I was receiving as a result of your ... heads up, but now it is not coming through last week or so. ...
      (rec.radio.shortwave)
    • Re: Cant unclog print heads on EPSON C84
      ... If that doesn't work, please post here, so I can figure out why I am not receiving your request. ... the heads and jets of my Epson C84? ...
      (comp.periphs.printers)