Delegate permission to restart a service?

From: you know who maybe (nguser2u_at_spamnotAOL.com)
Date: 05/11/05

Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:58:00 -0700

I need to give permission to a group to be able to stop and start the print
spooler service on a windows 2003 server. Any ideas? I have already
delegated permission for this group to change passwords and unlock account
(they cannot log onto the server) so it would be great to simply add "start
service" to their list of authorized tasks.

Thanks for reading.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Event ID: 32090 Faxing to Multiple recipients or a Group
    ... Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ... If server is a DC, please modify the policy in Default Domain ... Administrators group has Full Control Permission ... Access Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck 'Fax ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS & WSUS 3.0
    ... read in the document the demands when installing WSUS RTM version. ... The documents to be used on a SBS server is below. ... If you are manually installing the WSUS 3.0 SP1 product on Windows Small ... Confirmed network service has read permission ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS & WSUS 3.0
    ... read in the document the demands when installing WSUS RTM version. ... The documents to be used on a SBS server is below. ... If you are manually installing the WSUS 3.0 SP1 product on Windows Small ... Service account should have read permission ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Adding permission in windows 2000 for windows 2003 users.
    ... In this standalone 2000 server the ... permission, If i tried to assign permission on my home folder, It couldn't ... the home folder's which placed in windows 2000 server. ...
  • Re: Windows Gone Wild
    ... business network and I just realized I'm running Windows XP Pro if that makes ... If you have to get permission to try that link, you may also have an IT department who have the responsibility for keeping your system functioning. ... > fritz all over my windows files and some programs. ... > one server and mine is on the other, we never had trouble sending and ...