Re: Inexpensive Antivirus - or do I need it at all?

From: Nospam (nospam_at_please.co.uk)
Date: 05/10/05

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:31:58 +0100

The free version does NOT work with 2003 Server. It refuses to install
saying you need the server version (chargeable).

John..

"Tom" <oldfatjedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Don't know how it works on 2003 but if you're game try www.grisoft.com.
> The program is AVG Free and it's...free. It's built for the home user (I
> assume 98/ME/XP) but maybe it'll work on the server OS.
>
> tp
>

> "Selden McCabe" <seldenm@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I am an independent software developer. Mostly I work on XP Pro, but I
do
> >have an old machine in my office with Windows advanced server 2003,
mostly
> >for test and running odd programs. (Since I am also an MSDN subscriber,
> >have access to all the flavors of Windows.)
> >
> > I keep Mcafee or Norton antivirus up to date on all my computers. But
the
> > only anti-virus packages I can find for Windows Server are hundreds of
> > dollars.
> >
> > Is there an inexpensive antivirus package for windows 2003 advanced
> > server? Do I even need an antivirus package on this box?
> >
> > Any advice would be helpful!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ---Selden

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hacktool.Rootkit ??
    ... | Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.60.962 ... | This server is connected to the internet behind a Linksys Wireless G ... Phil Weldon ... |> operating characteristics of Norton AntiVirus are best resolved with the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Cant insert Object files (excel) nor open a workbook object
    ... Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to search your hard drive for a Norton AntiVirus file named OFFICEAV.DLL. ... delphos1 wrote: ... An error ocurred and this feature is no longer funtioning properly. ... The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Attachment questions
    ... >On my network I have a 'Server' which runs Norton Antivirus 2002 and Norton ... On top of this sits a proxy server which I ... then) ask the author of Mailwasher if he could add it as a feature - ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: error 0x800ccc19
    ... >> In some cases it is necessary to re-enter the server names, ... >> Tim K.>> aka Kuay Tim ... > This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:> You have Norton AntiVirus 2003 or Norton AntiVirus 2002 installed. ... > To prevent this problem when you use Norton AntiVirus and Outlook or> Outlook Express, turn off e-mail scanning in Norton AntiVirus:> Quit Outlook or Outlook Express. ...
  • Re: Cant access shared folders on network
    ... That error can be caused by Norton Antivirus. ... > permission to use this network resource. ... > access permissions. ... > Not enough server storage is available to process this ...