Systems inventory and monitoring tool

From: Rui Peres (rperes_at_cox.net)
Date: 03/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:33:34 -0500

Is there a way (either to purchase or a way to write software) that allows
you to inventory all of your servers as well as keep stats on disk
utilization, patch levels, who is responsible for the server, OS installed,
Database system installed, and the capability of setting up custom fields?

Does any one know? Is this the right place to aks, or is there a specific
forum for these types of questions?

Thank you in advance,

Rui Peres
Southcoast Health Systems
peresr@southcoast.org

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Registration Solution
    ... registering, this should be long enough for servers to come back up if they are down ... immediately after you purchase your product. ... what might happen at some indeterminate point in the future - What if those activation servers don't ever come back up? ... If a simple uninstall + reinstall of *Delphi* gives you another X days usage - this would hardly constitute a major obstacle to the piracy that the Activation process is supposed to be preventing. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista
    ... I bet it's *much* cheaper to pay for a small team of full-time employees to run around changing out failed servers than it is to pay the *significant* premium to purchase "server grade" equipment that's probably really not nearly 5x as reliable. ... IOW a fleet purchase. ... And at 2x the above calculation manhours versus asset costs may become seriously lopsided. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista
    ... supposedly running something in the ballpark of 100,000 servers worldwide. ... gets) to purchase "server grade" equipment that's probably really not nearly ... PC configuration six months from now that you would today. ... And at 2x the above calculation manhours versus asset costs may become ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista
    ... supposedly running something in the ballpark of 100,000 servers worldwide. ... I bet it's *much* cheaper to pay for a small team of full-time ... gets) to purchase "server grade" equipment that's probably really not nearly ... say, fleet cars -- it's unlikely you're going to be purchasing the same, exact ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: EU Version of WOW can I play on US Servers
    ... Is there any way that I can play along with my friend on USA servers, or do I have to purchase US version. ... However, provided you havent activated the key yet, it is possible to ask Blizzard to convert your key to a US key, so you can create a US account with it, which in turn will not allow you to play on EU servers though. ... Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)