Can't delete shortcut

From: Rene (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 03/10/05

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:49:53 -0600

I recently install some software on my computer. In order to do that I
logged on as an Administrator and did the install, once I was done, I logged
on with my restricted user account and notice that the installation program
generated some shortcuts in my desktop, no biggie I thought, all I need is
to dele them.. WRONG! It seems that I don't have permissions to delete
shortcuts on my own desktop.

I know I can go back and logon as an Administrator and delete the shortcuts
form there but this seems like a big oversight from Microsoft. What ever
happened to the discretionary access thing that supposed to let a user take
full control over his or her own folder? How is a user supposed to be able
to delete these shortcuts?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: .Net 3.0 Administrative Setup
    ... At the moment I don't see how to create an administrative install for use ... The Package Installer for Microsoft Windows ... Framework 3.0 Administrator Deployment Guide makes a mistake here. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: From office 2002 to office 2000
    ... Although Microsoft does not recommend it, ... If you want to install and use more than one version of Office on ... Office Bin Folder Location Changes to \Office10 Folder ... If you rename the shortcuts for the earlier versions of Office ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: Contacting Microsoft about problems
    ... my problem is that the administrator of the computer cannot load ... > The knowledge base used to be helpful but now it seems that microsoft has ... > there is no real fix except to back everything up and make a clean install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Contacting Microsoft about problems
    ... > patch/fix to allow my end user to install programs. ... >> being able to load programs, even though I have administrator rights. ... >> microsoft has deferred most support to the MVP's. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: possible bug
    ... You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document: ... Did an UPGRADE install of office 2007 as administrator. ... and office 2007 no longer works when logged in as administrator. ... This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)