Can't delete shortcut

From: Rene (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 03/10/05

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:49:53 -0600

I recently install some software on my computer. In order to do that I
logged on as an Administrator and did the install, once I was done, I logged
on with my restricted user account and notice that the installation program
generated some shortcuts in my desktop, no biggie I thought, all I need is
to dele them.. WRONG! It seems that I don't have permissions to delete
shortcuts on my own desktop.

I know I can go back and logon as an Administrator and delete the shortcuts
form there but this seems like a big oversight from Microsoft. What ever
happened to the discretionary access thing that supposed to let a user take
full control over his or her own folder? How is a user supposed to be able
to delete these shortcuts?