Locked out of Win2k Server

From: [-=Dan=-] (getbent_at_ease.com)
Date: 02/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:56:55 -0000

Hi all,

I have a Windows 2000 server as a member server of a Windows 2000 AD Domain.
I've been messing with policies of an OU on the domain controller, trying to
lock down a desktop. Now, I can't logon to my member server, either through
TS or at the console, I get 'The local policy of this system does not permit
you to logon interactively". I can't logon to the local machine, even using
the Administrator account. And I can't logon to the domain, again using the
Administrator account.

I'm well and truly knobbed off.

Does anyone have any ideas before I rebuild this server?

TIA

Dan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Event ID: 537 Kerberos
    ... The strange thing is that the event ID 537 comes up on the member server ... This makes me think that the windows 2000 DC accepts the kerberos ... I'm thinking that the Windows 2003 kerberos is not the same as the windows ... >> Logon Failure: ...
  • Re: Locked out of Win2k Server
    ... policies, 1) the User Right to Log on locally, and Deny ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > I have a Windows 2000 server as a member server of a Windows 2000 AD ... Now, I can't logon to my member server, either ...
  • Re: Administrator Logon to 1 DC only
    ... Anyone who can logon to your DCs in effect "owns" your domain. ... DCs don't have a local policy. ... >> You could move the app to a member server. ...
  • Question about netdom
    ... I am unable to logon to a member server on my domain but I am able to logon ... I am ruuning netdom from the member server, ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: cannot logon to terminal services
    ... >I am running Terminal services on a member server, Windows 2003 server. ... > have all the users who are going to logon to TS in the Remote Desktop ...