Re: Run exe's Via VB6?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 02/11/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:55:42 -0600

Open up the Web Content Zone for the appropriate zone - intranet, trusted?
Look for the options set to "prompt". One of those needs to be set to
enabled. If you have installed SP1 beta there may be other settings in IE
advanced settings that you need to tweak. Close and reopen IE after making a
change. The link below may help as it explains the settings in IE enhanced
security that Windows 2003 Server uses by default. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815141

"Jason" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just added a new domain server (Win2003). I moved a bunch of stuff off
>the old server, but now whenever I try to execute one of my VB6 programs I
>get a message box that pops up whenever the code calls an external exe
>(several of which reside on other machines on the network). The message box
>is the standard "some types of files may harm your computer" variety, and I
>just have to press "Open" and the program continues, but I need them to
>execute without user intervention as they used to on my old Win2K server.
>What settings do I need to adjust to allow this??? I tried changing my IE
>settings so that my Intranet is fully trusted but that didn't help.
>
> Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I am the "Unknown Publisher"
    ... this box pops-up whenever my boss attempts to run our program ... put that server in the Trusted Zone? ... only familiar with the browser having settings like that. ... isn't a whiff of difference between an intranet and "the internet" as far as Windows ...
  • Re: ISA prompts for credentials for intranet ONLY in Terminal Serv
    ... IE (or may need different settings). ... If your intranet servers are on a different local network than your TS's ... > Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... >>> Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • RE: login and email problems
    ... Please carefully check settings required in my previous post and post the ... Install the RPC ping utility on the client computer and then open a command ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Leave the Default Gateway of the internal NIC blank of the server box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Monitoring and Alerts
    ... Relay settings for Exchange SMTP Virtual Server: ... we pursue the performance alerts issue further. ... | Subject: Re: Monitoring and Alerts ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: User-Specific Settings
    ... clear statement from the vendor that running ACT! ... Server is *not* supported. ... it would explain why changes in settings are not preserved. ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)