Run exe's Via VB6?

From: Jason (someone_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:00:47 -0500

I just added a new domain server (Win2003). I moved a bunch of stuff off the
old server, but now whenever I try to execute one of my VB6 programs I get a
message box that pops up whenever the code calls an external exe (several of
which reside on other machines on the network). The message box is the
standard "some types of files may harm your computer" variety, and I just
have to press "Open" and the program continues, but I need them to execute
without user intervention as they used to on my old Win2K server. What
settings do I need to adjust to allow this??? I tried changing my IE
settings so that my Intranet is fully trusted but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File Upload - Security Issues
    ... uploaded and the user could upload any or all of these in theory. ... There is no one product that can give you 100% security, ... > Code doesn't execute in local memory space unless remote user has rights ... > You don't have MS Office installed on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: System.Security.SecurityException was unhandled
    ... Is it a must that I need to register the COM server to the machine using ... CAS permissions on the client machine, and the COM issue is a new problem. ... assembly actually has the permission in question. ... When I execute the application I received and error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • 2nd Post - Trouble Getting VS.Net 2003 WalkThrough working
    ... the server. ... MSDE either from the Setup or from the SQL2KDeskSP3 execute. ... it does look like some of the sample databases have been ... >> and they directed me to install MSDE and they attached a ConfigSamples ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003
    ... If PHP insists on using CMD.EXE to execute the shellcommand on the ... server, then no, you have no choice -- you must give read permissions to the ... this would be a security vulnerability caused by PHP. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.misc)
  • Re: How to launch a Windows application from a ASP.Net web applica
    ... It can execute Java, ActiveX, and JavaScript, and maybe a few other things. ... The only reason your program has been somewhat successful is because your client and server are on the same machine. ... programs I knew how to create a batch file program already. ... When using ClickOnce it creates/deploys the Windows application from ...