General Global Security (Certificate and local Encryption) question

From: Conrad (trueczn_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/03/05

    Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:49:46 +0100

    Hello,

    We're thnking about using local data encrytpion to secure our collaborator's
    notebook.

    They've to travel worlwide, and I need to know if there can be problem using
    local encryption :
    - to share data (by floppy disk, usb key and such, to non-corporate people
    for exemple)
    - to obtain data (from floppy disk, usb key)
    - to send email (Outlook POP, Notes corporate by VPN connexion)
    - others..

    My point is that they have to be completely able to do all usual activities,
    on all countries. If using local encryption
    will impact theire activities, block them to send/receive data, we'll not
    use local encryption.
    Their usual activities must be assured worlwide.

    Please can you answer me, with some details please, and point me to good
    article on the subject?

    Thank you a lot in advance

    Conrad Zimmermann
    MCSE