Moving encrypted files

From: Andrew (trunkz_at_sinaman.com)
Date: 02/02/05

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:54:47 +0800

Hi All,

I encrypted a file using EFS in A server and follow the following
instruction to move to another server.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/advanced/help/encrypt_to_restore_diff_computer.htm

All steps (backup, restore, export cert, import cert) are successfully done.
However, final output file is of garbage content.

Is there any setting I have missed? Please help.

Thank you very much!

Regards
Andrew

Relevant Pages

  • Problems restoring Exchange database
    ... I'm attempting some D&R practice runs using SBS 2003 and VMWare server, ... I'm utilizing two methods of backup, one is the built-in SBS backup wizard ... Exchange mailbox store, the system state, and the companyweb databases. ... Few hours later, restore complete, reboot server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS two adapter setup with Netopia Router. Help Save my weeked
    ... >> When you click OK on this message, the server restarts. ... >> are not able to start the server or restore the system state from backup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Thoughts - bare metal disaster recovery
    ... Bare metal restore to recovery server following the latest SBS2003 Backup ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Thoughts - bare metal disaster recovery
    ... Bare metal restore to recovery server following the latest SBS2003 Backup ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange Backup/Disaster Recovery!
    ... will load the tape drive drivers and initiate a complete restore. ... the Microsoft DR White Paper for Exchange. ... MVP for Exchange Server ... > to fully backup and restore ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)