Re: Adjust .NET Security Levels to Mass of machines

From: B S Wootton (ben_at_nospam.com)
Date: 01/31/05

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:41:10 -0000

"Rob McShinsky" <List@mcshinsky.com> wrote in message
news:up8wsuZ$EHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> We have a vendor that is requiring an elevated .NET security level for
their
> application. I am looking into ways to do this. Is there a Group Policy
> do this or a registry change? How would one go about changing this
setting?

Have a read up on Code Access Security. CAS enables you to set security
policy based
on characteristics of the code. It will be easy to lock down all .NET code
according to some
policy, but you will need some extra work in order to define security policy
for a single application.

Ben

Relevant Pages

  • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
    ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ... supports a finite number of "rules" or "policies". ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... The report you cite is CheckPoint originated and deals with older NetScreen ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)