Re: How to block internet browsing

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 01/29/05

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:55:39 -0600

What some do it to configure Group Policy for those users to apply a bogus
proxy server Ip address for IE via user configuration/administrative
templates/Windows settings/Internet Explorer maintenance/connection/proxy
settings. If you implement such, be sure to configure Group Policy for those
users to prevent them from accessing connection settings first so that they
do not try to change the settings. You would have to create an
Organizational Unit for those with it's own Group Policy for those users you
want to apply the restriction to. If you are using loopback processing of
Group Policy on the TS server you may need to put it in merge mode for this
to work for the users. --- Steve

"Lal" <kr.lal@luxoroffice.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> My TS have 15 Users I want to blcok 10 users to use internet browing thru
> TC. I blocked the IE for that particular users but users are going thru my
> computer or my documents. how can i block these activities.
>
> we are new in TS please help
>

> Regards
>

> K R Lal
> Luxor

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Stop browsing the web through GP?
    ... Internet Explorer settings are configurable through Group Policy. ... You can try pointing the proxy server to a non existent IP address and then completely lock down IE so they can't change any settings. ... Captus Networks ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Several Problems; how to reset security and troubleshoot serve
    ... On the SBS security settings; I accept your response, ... On the Remote Assistance Issue I have check all of the settings as you ... What started me on the path of security problem was I had a simular problem ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: inconsistant proxy settings
    ... We have inconsistencies with proxxy server settings on citrix/teminal ... We had a similar group policy, loopback/merge, set the proxy server settings ... The registry keys that an IE group policy sets to apply proxy server ...
  • Re: iNTERACTIVE LOGON welcome screen - make it go away
    ... I created a custom ADM file for these two settings ... and imported it into the GPO under the Computer Administritative templates. ... really great expertise in Group Policy often reply to posts including ... doing a gpupdate on that domain controller which ideally would be the ...
  • Re: block some users from access to the Internet
    ... I just audited a bank where the admin had created a group policy that ... configured proxy server settings in Internet Explorer for a non-existent ... have internet access with IE because they could not find the proxy server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)