Re: Permissions assignment ?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 01/22/05

    Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:09:33 -0600

    You could enable the guest account on that computer and then ANY share that
    has permissions for everyone [including ntfs permissions] will allow
    unauthenticated access. If you do such you may need to modify the security
    policy of that server to include anonymous in the everyone group which is
    not the default. Other security options may also need to be tweaked for
    anonymous access to get it to work. You could do such for instance in Local
    Security Policy under security settings/local policies/security options
    unless there is domain or OU policy overriding local policy. --- Steve

    "Jeffrey Meyers" <jeff4379@news.postalias> wrote in message
    >A majority of our company does not log onto our domain, as we use netware
    >for our primary authentication/file/print. I need to make a folder on one
    >of my W2K3 servers available to everyone on the network without having them
    >reauthenticate through AD.
    >
    > Is there a way to assign permissions to this folder so that an
    > "unauthenticated" user can access the folder?
    >
    > I tried adding anonymous logon to the ACL, but users are still prompted
    > with a login prompt when they try to access the share.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Jeff

    • Re: Policy from old domain applying to computers in new domain...
      ... To remove the old permissions (Which you won't easily ... You may be surprised how much security is ... using ADMT to a new domain would only receive policy from the new domain. ... future bothers me. ...
    • Re: Security Policy Error
      ... the locked-down security that was originally set on the FRS through Group ... When you attempt to configure the FRS through Group Policy, ... > any service with misconfigured permissions, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Password problem .
      ... Check their account properites/account in AD to make sure that user can not ... We have a policy on the domain to change a ... > anonymous permissions is not enable in the Local Security ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Preventing browsing
      ... permissions are restrictive enough to prevent them from doing damage. ... ntfs permissions for the everyone group to read/list/execute. ... effective settings in Local Security Policy for those configurations. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
      ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
      (Security-Basics)