Re: Permissions assignment ?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 01/22/05

    Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:09:33 -0600

    You could enable the guest account on that computer and then ANY share that
    has permissions for everyone [including ntfs permissions] will allow
    unauthenticated access. If you do such you may need to modify the security
    policy of that server to include anonymous in the everyone group which is
    not the default. Other security options may also need to be tweaked for
    anonymous access to get it to work. You could do such for instance in Local
    Security Policy under security settings/local policies/security options
    unless there is domain or OU policy overriding local policy. --- Steve