Can't connect to server
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:17:20 -0000
- 2x W2k3 STD servers running IIS6.0 in NLB.
- Using this I secured the two servers by means of a group policy:
- The above disables the ability to connect to the servers via UNC.
- The need has now arisen to run a script on one of the servers that
connects to itself and the other server by means of UNC, so started enabling
the services again and it has all gone pear-shaped.
- I CAN access both servers using UNC from my pc
- I CAN access OTHER servers using UNC from the webservers
- However, when I connect to each of the servers from the other using UNC it
doesn't connect - I can't even ping it - but it does resolve.
- I've set all the services back to original, and even removed the group
policy but no go.
- What is strange is that it actually works for about 10 minutes if I
restart both servers - and then just falls over .. nothing being reported in
event viewer, etc at the time.
Any light any1 could shed before I rebuild the servers?
- Re: How hard can it be?
... Use a UNC name instead of a mapped drive. ... if I remember the console uses the current account while the website uses ... > Both servers are windows 2003 servers and both have been fully patched. ... > When we try to setup the website in IIS6 we have to use a UNC to locate ...
- SQL Server Backup to UNC Path Failing
... I am currently using LiteSpeed version 4.8.3.00025 to backup my sql servers. ... We also have a call open to Microsoft and Quest and Microsoft ... local drives instead of the unc path. ...
- Re: Server name changes
... If your macro uses a full (unc) name \\server\directory..." ... If, OTOH, you're using a mapped drive "x:\directory..." ... Our shop had both and was recently upgraded (new servers, OS and Office) and this was our ... > The IT department at work has decided to upgrade our current server farm ...
- Re: MS Excel: Linking spreadsheet and Absolute and Relative Paths
... Ron Coderre wrote... ... UNC instead of the mapped drive? ... Perhaps the OP's IT staff believes no one should know the names of the ... and see the names of the servers to which they've mapped drive letters. ...
- Re: Terminal Server GPO Issue
... servers that is not in the OU where the GPO is supposed to be applied and I ... Microsoft Windows Operating System Group Policy Result tool v2.0 ... Sharepoint Auth GPO ... Event Log Settings ...