Successful Audit of Deleting Files

From: Ian (photo_at_photo.photo)
Date: 01/20/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:14:31 +0800

    I enabled the Object Access and configure the server to
    audit those successful file delete inside a folder. However,
    I found that it is then too many events appear in the
    Security Log for just single delete action and I was unable
    to clearly identify which one is the actual delete event.
    Please help.

    Ian

    • Re: Who copied the files
      ... Some links for you about the detailed steps of audit policies setting. ... You might like to check something else in the Audit Policy settings other than Audit Directory Service Access as well, ... If nobody on the access list has touch those files, you may need to apply some firewall on your server. ... A user copied 10 GB of data using an XP client from a folder on the server to another folder on the server that replicates data to a different server via DFSR. ...
    • Re: Who copied the files
      ... Some links for you about the detailed steps of audit policies setting. ... You might like to check something else in the Audit Policy settings other than Audit Directory Service Access as well, ... If nobody on the access list has touch those files, you may need to apply some firewall on your server. ... A user copied 10 GB of data using an XP client from a folder on the server to another folder on the server that replicates data to a different server via DFSR. ...
    • Re: Who copied the files
      ... Enabling file auditing is a 2-step process. ... Configure "audit object access" in AD Group Policy or on the server's local GPO. ... After you've done both of these steps, any file deletions will show up in the Security log of the file server that hosts those files. ... A user copied 10 GB of data using an XP client from a folder on the ...
    • Re: Email enable doc lib
      ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
      ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)