Re: 'Submit new request...' fails

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 01/17/05

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:02:55 -0600

A .cer file contains just the certificate and public key for a
user/computer/service and apparently is not adequate for what you are trying
to do. If you can be more explicit on what you are trying to do maybe
someone here can help. --- Steve

"Martin" <zan[spam]@wp.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I attemp to certifiy CA using Standalone CA installed on Windows 2003.
> In CA console, through 'Submit new request...' command I provide PKCS#10
> request and everything works well. But when I try with certificate (.cer)
> it
> fails with message:
>
> "Certificate request processor: The data is invalid. 0x8007000d (WIN32:
> 13)"
>
> Does anybody know what is going wrong ?
>
> regards,
> Martin

Relevant Pages

  • HttpWebRequest client certificate private key problem (VB.NET 2002)
    ... I have a valid client certificate with a corresponding private key. ... certificate is in x509 format and the .cer file contains the private ... Q1- What kindof filedoes the CreateFromSignedFile accept? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Password for certificate
    ... documentation for the webservice also shows an example where only a .cer file ... What I'm guessing is happening is that you supply the .cer file and .NET ... uses that to locate the matching certificate installed in the local store ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: SBS - connecting to mobile device help with certificate needed
    ... I have a HTC Mogul now and it had to go at the root. ... the .cer file and tap it to install it. ... Could anyone tell me if I need a personal certificate - and if so ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Trying to get PocketPC to sync with server - please help!
    ... Your admin should easily be able to get you a .cer file. ... properties of the certificate, and exporting it. ... The server is accessible by Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Certificate Trust List
    ... a CER file does not contain the private key, that is why it is not working. ... You need to run the wizard from a profile that has the private key. ... I imported the CTL signing certificate in my ... >>>>Is the CTL signing certificate in your local profile? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)