Re: Web Services - Monitoring Software

From: Vittorio Pavesi (n_at_spam.it)
Date: 01/17/05

    Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:11:42 +0100

    The Poster wrote:
    > G/Day forum,
    >
    > I've got a number of business critical web services running on multiple W2K3
    > IIS 6.0 servers, and am looking for a software that monitors the status of
    > this web service. Can anyone recommend a Web Service monitoring software
    > that I could use? I need something that can execute a Java Script/VB
    > Script/Batch file/EXE from a dedicated Monitoring Station (Out of Band)-
    > that will initiate a request to my web service, passing through valid
    > parameters, that test all the supporting services on my App servers, DB
    > Servers, etc. I also need this software to be able to comprehend the result,
    > and alert if necessary through SMS, Email, etc.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Steve.

    Try Healthmonitor, it's Opensource and fully customizable; allow sql
    logging, text file logging, and many notification methods (e-mail, sms,
    net send..)
    Check it out on http://healthmonitor.sourceforge.net

    Vittorio

    • Re: Web Services - Monitoring Software
      ... Can anyone recommend a Web Service monitoring software ... > parameters, that test all the supporting services on my App servers, DB ... > and alert if necessary through SMS, Email, etc. ... logging, text file logging, and many notification methods (e-mail, sms, ...
    • Re: Web Services - Monitoring Software
      ... Can anyone recommend a Web Service monitoring software ... > parameters, that test all the supporting services on my App servers, DB ... > and alert if necessary through SMS, Email, etc. ... logging, text file logging, and many notification methods (e-mail, sms, ...
    • Re: Web Services - Monitoring Software
      ... Can anyone recommend a Web Service monitoring software ... > parameters, that test all the supporting services on my App servers, DB ... > and alert if necessary through SMS, Email, etc. ... logging, text file logging, and many notification methods (e-mail, sms, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
    • RE: VB6 MSXML2.XMLHTTP40 Error
      ... I do NOT have "easy" access to the Production servers. ... the web service that has this intermittent failure. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    • Re: Changing web service endpoint.
      ... the Web service is common across your dev, test, training and live servers. ... Once read from the .config file the url can be set via ... >> property that will cause the web service proxy class to look for its web ...