Can the password be changed before exceeding the age

From: Shanthi (Shanthi_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/16/05

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:19:03 -0800

I am using win2003 DC and configured the group policy as below

Min. password age - 30 days
Max. password age - 31 days
Min. length of password - 3
Enfore password history - 12 passwords remember

With this policy, users are not able to change the password before expiring.
That means, it is accepting only after completing the max. age of the
password.

I want to change the password before expiration, but the same policy should
retain.

If someone has seen my password when i type, i have to change the same. but
it is not accepting to do.

Please suggest to fix this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: instituting ad password policy
    ... The basic thing I would recommend is take care of your users. ... I would wait a few days and then query AD for a password age report. ... policy then you should start enforcing it on your domain. ... You can use Richard's script to remove the "password never expires" flag ...
  • RE: Bypassing Windows 2000 Domain Password settings
    ... My original issue was not just with minimum password age, ... There are 6 settings under Computer ... Controller policy was affecting my end result. ... If you tell it to block inheritance, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Password Policy in GPO dont work
    ... of the policy by hitting CTRL ALT DEL and clicking Change ... >the Password policy in GPO to give users couple of weeks ... >> The minimum password age is a setting to prevent users ... Also be sure to notify users ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Can the password be changed before exceeding the age
    ... If you want to do this, you will have to change this part of the policy ... My recommendation would also be to have passwords longer then 3 characters. ... > Min. password age - 30 days ... > it is not accepting to do. ...
  • Re: password age
    ... but my guess is you enabled other password policy such as password length ... >> If you have users who you don't want to have their password expire, ... >> expire which will exempt them from password age policy. ... >> explaining the change to them ahead of time giving them time to change ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)