Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for 1/11/2005

From: Max Burke (mlvburke_at_%$
Date: 01/12/05

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:30:11 +1300

> Jerry Bryant [MSFT] scribbled:

Snip the updates announcements; Already installed successfully, and being

Care to clarify how to use the 'malware removal tool?'

So far the only way I can run it is by double clicking on the downloaded
install file (Windows-KB890830-ENU.exe) and agreeing to the EULA each

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

On it says this:
When the Malicious Software Removal Tool runs, it performs the following
functions. Except where noted, the tool has the same behavior independent of
what command-line switches you use or how you download and run the tool.
Note that the tool is not actually installed on a computer. Therefore, no
entry is created for it in the Programs folder or in Add/Remove Programs.
<end quote>

Which indicates it's not actually installed on the Hard drive as a program
to run....

Replace the obvious with to email me
Found Images

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
    ... They guy has just directed you to download malicious or crapware. ... Update will not install and shows Error Code 80240016 - computer runs forever but nothing happens. ... - but Vista will not allow me to rename the folder even tho I am an Admin ... Stop the Windows Update service ...
  • Re: spyware not working
    ... You cannot really "download from a disc" - you could install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ...
  • Solution for 646
    ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Spyware doctor. Is it free?
    ... i want to install it at my home pc too. ... > Can I safetly download it at home. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... people out there who created AntiSpyware products that actually install ...