Disabling 2003 Server SMB Signing lost ACL effectiveness

From: Death n Rebirth (photo_at_photo.photo)
Date: 01/04/05

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:51:27 +0800

I follow the below URL to disable the SMB Signing so
that Windows 95 workstations is able to access my
Win2003 server. It is however Win98/2000/XP clients
can access all the data shares even NTFS permission
deny their access. Please help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811497&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Ian

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... my computer to the network on the server. ... Connection Wizard none of the computers were listed. ... The Mac clients can not communicate with the server box. ... > Error Messages When You Open or Copy Network Files on Windows XP SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Connection problem with 98 station on 2003 AD domain
    ... Thanks for your response and give me a right direction. ... I think the root cause is that those 98 clients do not have SMB ... packet signing enabled and cannot authenticate to a Windows Server 2003 ... How to enable Windows 98/ME/NT clients to logon to Windows 2003 based ...
  • Re: Cannot join Windows 2003 Server to SBS 2000 Domain
    ... this on all client computers at this remote office. ... All the clients but one at the main office are Windows XP Pro. ... > 'adprep' commands on the SBS 2000 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... > then add my computer to the network on the server. ... Did you not see the computers in the Server Management taskpad section? ... The Mac clients can not communicate with the server box. ... >> Error Messages When You Open or Copy Network Files on Windows XP SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Group Policy Results Wizard
    ... I guess we can rule out Windows ... If you can't reach the WMI from the server you will want to try to reach it ... switching off the Windows Firewall on one of the clients, ... Business Server Windows Firewall" (not Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)