Re: User Memory Quotas

From: Herb Martin (news_at_LearnQuick.com)
Date: 12/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:23:19 -0600

news:#xAWP5L6EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Also, the user right policy you have mentioned governs
> the ability to adjust quotas used the processor scheduling
> algorithms. AFAIK it is not involved in adjustment of
> memory usage.

There are rights involved in changing Working
Set -- which is the programmer term for the memory
allocation of a single process/program.

--
Herb Martin

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/541.asp

> > We have allowed the user and administrator to adjust the quotas, but we
> > cannot find out a way to query if a quota exists or how to set the
> > quota itself.
> >
> > How do you find out if a quota exists?  And how does one change it if
> > it does exist?
> >
> > I cannot find any gui in our system that allows us to access it.  Only
> > a local policy that allows the user to change quotas.
> >
> > We are not a domain, only a workgroup of exactly one computer in a
> > remote site.
> >
> > Details:
> >
> > We have Windows 2003 Server in a remote data center, it is a web server
> > among other things.   To support the services provided by the web
> > server we run some home grown programs in a logged in user account
> > running in the task bar.  We have 4 gigs of memory (we rarely use over
> > 700 megs) and 6 gigs of pagefile.sys.
> >
> > When our programs have been running for a long time the memory does
> > creep up, but the total between them is no more then 100 megs.  We run
> > Active State Perl programs as well that come and go as necessary.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Allocated Memory Alert
    ... Subhas - welcome to SBS. ... For the allocated memory alert, ... It's normal for Exchange Server to use a lot of RAM. ... You can give your users whatever quota you wish, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AS2005 Parallel partition processing and Quota KB parameter
    ... "Quota KB" is a performance counter in MSAS2005:Memory section. ... estimates the memory required for processing dimensions. ... partitions on this memory quota estimate. ... asking for 22GB therefore blocking all but one Aggregation process. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: User Memory Quotas
    ... This is curious Herb, but based on the Whidbey era doc ... This privilege is in the GUI "Increase Scheduling Priority" ... > Set -- which is the programmer term for the memory ... >>> We think there might be a Quota on our User that we are hitting some ...
  • Re: User Memory Quotas
    ... > User Memory Quotas ... > maximum allowed memory quota. ... > We have allowed the user and administrator to adjust the quotas, ... > a local policy that allows the user to change quotas. ...
  • Re: User Memory Quotas
    ... >> the ability to adjust quotas used the processor scheduling ... Well, yes, but I believe that is not this quota privilege. ... >>> User Memory Quotas ... >>> a local policy that allows the user to change quotas. ...