Re: Windows 2003's Delegation control wizard and property sets

From: Guido G (guidoDOTgrillenmeierAThpANOTHERDOTcom)
Date: 12/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:14:42 +0100

you should treat the property sets just like permissions for properties in
the delegwiz.inf file.
should work when you use the cn of the property, not the display name (e.g.
"Personal-Information" for the "Personal Information" propset).

Even though they're not treated as Extended Rights (ControlRights) in the
Delegation Wizard, they are defined as an Extended Right in the Config NC,
where you can also see the cn's of the property sets:
CN=Extended-Rights,CN=Configuration,DC=YourRoot

/Guido

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> I've been reading through the Active Directory delegation whitepaper
> published by Microsoft and one of the recommendations is try to stick to
> right delegation based on property sets since activating individual
> properties may not be desirable. Unfortunately the paper does not cover
is
> how to delegate Property Sets via the delegwiz.inf. The paper is very
clear
> that Property Sets are not Extended Rights. So what should them template
> look like if I wanted to delegate the "Public Information" and or "Web
> Information" property sets?
>
> Thanks...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2003s Delegation control wizard and property sets
    ... One or more the templates are not applicable. ... > Delegation Wizard, they are defined as an Extended Right in the Config NC, ... > where you can also see the cn's of the property sets: ... >> that Property Sets are not Extended Rights. ...
  • Re: Windows 2003s Delegation control wizard and property sets
    ... One or more the templates are not applicable. ... > Delegation Wizard, they are defined as an Extended Right in the Config NC, ... > where you can also see the cn's of the property sets: ... >> that Property Sets are not Extended Rights. ...
  • Windows 2003s Delegation control wizard and property sets
    ... I've been reading through the Active Directory delegation whitepaper ... published by Microsoft and one of the recommendations is try to stick to ... how to delegate Property Sets via the delegwiz.inf. ... look like if I wanted to delegate the "Public Information" and or "Web ...
  • Windows 2003s Delegation control wizard and property sets
    ... I've been reading through the Active Directory delegation whitepaper ... published by Microsoft and one of the recommendations is try to stick to ... how to delegate Property Sets via the delegwiz.inf. ... look like if I wanted to delegate the "Public Information" and or "Web ...
  • Re: Windows 2003s Delegation control wizard and property sets
    ... "Personal-Information" for the "Personal Information" propset). ... Even though they're not treated as Extended Rights in the ... Delegation Wizard, they are defined as an Extended Right in the Config NC, ... where you can also see the cn's of the property sets: ...