Re: Start/Stop network card/services ...

From: Sarah Tanembaum (sarahtanembaum_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/11/04

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:19:41 -0500

Sarbjit Singh Gill wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> Do you want to disable/enable the NIC with a GPO ? Or want to assign
> persmission to user via a GPO but the users will disable/enable the cards
> themselves.
>
> Regards
> /Gill
>

> "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I wonder if anyone know what GPO an account has to have to be able to
>>start/stop network card and its related services?
>>
>>One suggested to give Load/Unload privilege but that does not work. Is
>>there any other privileges or anything else I have to do to make it work?
>>
>>Instead of giving it Administrators privilege, I'd like to give this user
>>account just that privilege above their normal user account.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Sarah

The latter one, I want to assign persmission to user via a GPO so the
users will be able to disable/enable the cards themselves.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Start/Stop network card/services ...
    ... Do you want to disable/enable the NIC with a GPO? ... >start/stop network card and its related services? ... > One suggested to give Load/Unload privilege but that does not work. ... > account just that privilege above their normal user account. ...
  • Re: Start/Stop network card/services ...
    ... Do you want to disable/enable the NIC with a GPO? ... >start/stop network card and its related services? ... > One suggested to give Load/Unload privilege but that does not work. ... > account just that privilege above their normal user account. ...
  • Re: Start/Stop network card/services ...
    ... > Do you want to disable/enable the NIC with a GPO? ... >>account just that privilege above their normal user account. ... I want to assign persmission to user via a GPO so the ...
  • Re: Help with configuration
    ... from the User GPO. ... then you don't have to redirect it again in the TS GPO. ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... domain account profile is blank, ...
  • Re: Help with configuration
    ... But now, aside from that, it is not applying any of the settings ... created the GPO on the 2000 server originally. ... I have the Terminal Server computer object in the security ... the domain account profile is blank, ...