Re: DCOM Access Permissions

From: Jayme Pechan (jayme.pechan_at_whitefeld.com)
Date: 12/07/04

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 06:26:50 -0800

The part I don't understand is that my application calls
CoInitializeSecurity on startup (I have verified this) and directly from the
documentation for this function it reads:

If you set processwide security using the registry and then call
CoInitializeSecurity, the AppID registry values will be ignored and the
CoInitializeSecurity values will be used.

So I thought what this was telling me is that the DCOMCNFG settings that go
into the AppID registry entry will be ignored. Apparently this isn't true
sometimes but I can't tell how to make it hold true. Right now I'm passing
a NULL security descriptor so it should allow access to anyone... I thought.