Re: Web enrollment on different machine as CA

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:37:17 +0200

Denis,

Here are additional resources on Microsoft PKI

New features:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/plan/pkienh.mspx
Operations guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws03pkog.mspx
Managing PKI:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/mngpki.mspx
Best Practices:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx
Auto-Enrollment:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx
Certificate templates -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws03crtm.mspx
Key archival -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/kyacws03.mspx
Advanced certificate enrollment:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/advcert.mspx
EFS:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/cryptfs.mspx
CRLS: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto/tshtcrl.mspx

Mike

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx

> > Mike
> >
> > "Denis Beuermann" <beuermann@rissoft.de> wrote in message
> >> Hi NG,
> >>
> >> I have the following problem:
> >>
> >> I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise CA without the web enrollment
> >> installed. The web enrollment run on a different Windows Server 2003.
> >> This
> >> Server is a Domaincontroller. When I open the web enrollment pages from
> >> non-domain computer and request a certificate I get the error that the
CA
> >> Services not startet. From Computers in the domain it works very well.
> >> Can
> >> anybody help???
> >>
> >> -Denis Beuermann

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Data Recovery Agent
    ... It should state "Allows data on disk ... >> It is a security certificate and I had used the mmc.exe to get it. ... >>> Mike ... >>>> data has been recovered except for this folder. ...
  • Re: HTTPS and SSL
    ... there were no error, but when viewing the cert, there was a yellow ... (By the way this is a WSS newsgroup not an SPS one) ... Mike Walsh ... I have a certificate set up in IIS, ...
  • Re: SSL and Page Cannot be Displayed?
    ... Mike ... > using a certificate generated from one of my local servers. ... >> I'm trying to setup a self generated SSL certificate for an Exchange 2003 ... >> generated and installed fine and when I go to the OWA website using HTTP ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Help! SSL Certificate Problem
    ... Mike G wrote: ... I purchased a certificate and installed on my server so ... continue to this website. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Data Recovery Agent
    ... If you are trying to recover from lost access by assigning new DRA ... >>> purpose definition for a certificate. ... >>> Mike ... >>>> It is a security certificate and I had used the mmc.exe to get it. ...