Re: GPO Problems

From: Steve Duff [MVP] (ergodic_at_ergodic-systems.com)
Date: 10/06/04

    Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:02:28 -0700

    It is almost a certainty that you have a permissions problem in
    group policy. Since you can't open the default domain policy, that's
    a good place to start.

    Open AD Users and Computers, right-click on the domain (root) and select
    the group policy tab there and you can get to the default domain policy's security
    settings. Once you've checked those and security on the domain object itself, drill
    down into the policy until you find the issues.

    Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
    Ergodic Systems, Inc.

    "Robert" <robert@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u6JBPAwqEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > I am having problems with Group Policy, I keep getting this warning in my
    > application log and don't know how to reolve it:
    > Event Type: Warning
    > Event Source: SceCli
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1202
    > Date: 10/5/04
    > Time: 11:14:59 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: GOLDSERVER
    > Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x57 : The parameter is
    > incorrect.
    >
    > Advanced help for this problem is available on
    > http://support.microsoft.com. Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events".

    > Also, I cannot log into the Domain Policy Object Editor, I receive an
    > error: Failed to open Group Policy Object. You may not have appropriate
    > rights. The parameter is incorrect.
    >

    > I am logged in as administrator.

    • Re: GPO Problems
      ... permissions to it for share and ntfs [administrator/system full control]. ... Failed to open Group Policy Object. ... The parameter is incorrect. ...
    • Re: Login script location
      ... If you've implemented a login script in a Group Policy object, ... login script will be in the respective policy folder in the SYSVOL ...
    • Re: Missing folders in GPO administrative templates
      ... You find some group policy settings are missing when you create a group ... policy object in the SBS environment. ... please make sure that you have configured the group policy ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Looking for help with a custom gpo template
      ... IM trying to create a group policy template for a windows 2000 group ... policy object, the purpose is to use a group policy to disable the follwing ...
    • GPO Problems
      ... I am having problems with Group Policy, I keep getting this warning in my ... Security policies were propagated with warning. ... Advanced help for this problem is available on ... Failed to open Group Policy Object. ...