DHCP Client service unable to start - access denied

From: seweichu (seweichu_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/06/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:01:02 -0700

I received this error after joining my Windows 2003 Server to our company's
Windows 2000 domain:

The DHCP Client service terminated with the following error:
Access is denied.

This is causing my computer to be unable to be connected to any network w/o
a fixed IP.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Effects of disabling DHCP client
    ... I have a windows 2000 server configured with static IP address which I ... registered into the DNS server. ... there anything to lookout for if DHCP client service is disabled? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: "Domain does not exist Or could not be contacted"?
    ... I have installed Avira Server trial as KIS2009 isn't supported by the ... What should I disable in the Windows Firewall? ... DHCP Client Service - enabled ... DNS Client - enabled ...
  • Re: need the big guns and MNGP around
    ... > dependency it was fixed. ... The funny thing is DHCP works fine prior to joining our ... > I have the server setup now as a workgroup server and all is fine. ... > The DHCP Client service is shutting down. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • DHCP Client service cannot start
    ... This has happened over time to every Windows 2003 member ... server we have running in a Windows 2000 AD environment. ... Suddenly the dhcp client service will not start with the ...