Re: security control IWAM_myserver

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 08/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:53:22 GMT

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:55:06 +0100, "Chun Wong"
<cwong@wongcna.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>Thanks Jeff for you reply.
>
>The web application is Perl CGI on IIS6
>
>I intended to use the windows integration authentication on IIS
>
>no matter administrator or anyone is member of IIS_WPG group, they would be
>able to access to the perl script.
>
>they will get the "you are not authoristed to view this page" http error 403
>
>There is only one user account can successfully access to those perl script
>which is "IWAM_myservername"

Check permissions on the Perl DLL (or Perl.exe if you use that).
Check permissions on the file/folder the script is working in. Check
the command line interpreter on the server to see if that group or
user has access.

Jeff

>"Jeff Cochran" <jeff.nospam@zina.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:52:33 +0100, "Chun Wong"
>> <cwong@wongcna.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> >I got a windows 2003 STD and currently running as AD, IIS6 which is
>hosting
>> >some Perl script. Active Perl been installed
>> >
>> >All the Perl scripts are *.pl extension and hosted on IIS6 and the client
>> >browser is IE6
>> >
>> >All my *.pl scripts are only working under "IWAM_Myservername" account
>but
>> >will not work under any other accounts on Client browser IE6
>> >
>> >I add myself to the IIS_WPG group but I am still not able to access those
>> >*.pl scripts and keep getting http error 403 on IE6
>> >
>> >Local secruity setting are everyone full control.
>> >

>> >anyone got the idea?
>>
>> Assuming you're using Windows Integrated authentication, create a
>> group that can run Perl and assign that group permissions to the Perl
>> DLL (or whichever Perl you're using). Naturally they need permissions
>> to do whatever your script does as well, but you'd see those problems
>> in the error message you didn't post when you didn't describe what
>> "will not work" actually means.
>>
>> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Segmentation Fault(Core dumped)
    ... But when I started testing my perl script, ... Compilation failed in require at ./test.pl line 13. ... > official business of Sender. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Cgi with GD grap, and displaying graphs
    ... I am trying to create a web page, which takes data from a file and builds a graph with GD, these are then saved as pictures, I then use the cgi script to call the pics using dynamically generated HTML page, using a system call to another perl script. ... When I do this, I get a 500 internal error and I've traced this down to a permissions problem, as the apache user doesn't have the permissions to write the pic's in the /var/www/html file. ... I get GD to display the graph with in the perl script and not right pic's but dynamically display them, rather than calling another script to display the HTML, using system "html_diplay.pl", essentially two scripts instead of one. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: sharing variables-data perl-asp
    ... Also how do you invoke a perl script from an active server page? ... ASP in Perl. ... Why do you want to shell out to perl when you're already running perl? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: environment variables in perl scripts
    ... Define a BEGIN block in your perl program. ... > perl script, something like: ... > environment variables are there and diag.txt shows ... > This communication is intended for the use of the ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: kill process when file count reached,,.
    ... an infinite loop there, ... IMO you could just use readdir and grep in perl. ... You're using awk in backticks in a perl script? ... Perl has a kill builtin, why the hell not use that. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)