Re: Removing workstations

From: Duncan, Fred (f.duncan_at_adelphia.net)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:54:24 -0400

    Thanks for the answer. I thought that would be the case, but I wanted to
    know for sure.

    "Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC" <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1b851b3140d7b2349899e4@msnews.microsoft.com...
    > In article <#nY50WEgEHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, in the
    > microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Miha Pihler <mihap-
    > news@atlantis.si> says...
    >
    >> Hi Fred,
    >>
    >> what do you mean by disabled?
    >
    > When you remove a domain member from the domain, the associated machine
    > account in the domain is disabled.
    >
    > To answer the OP, no, you can't change this behaviour.
    >

    >> Mike
    >>
    >> "Duncan, Fred" <f.duncan@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> > Folks,
    >> >
    >> > When we remove machines from the domain, these machines appear to
    >> > become
    >> > disabled until rejoined to the domain. Is it possible to change this
    >> > behavior so that the machine account is actually deleted instead?
    >> >

    > --
    > Paul Adare
    > rights.

    • Re: Prevent changes to Administrator password
      ... What I am trying to do is give Taz1972 some options to minimize the risk or make it harder for a lower-level DA to reset the password for the EA account. ... * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! ... > By adding the Deny Write Permissions ACE, ... > permission to modify the ACL on AdminSDHolder. ...
    • Re: Democrat suspected in hacking Palins e-mail account
      ... account, how long should he spend in jail? ... On Sep 19 2008 11:43 PM, Irish Mike wrote: ... It shows that Palin is more of a Bush clone than a reformer. ... private e-mail account for state business is a page out of the Karl Rove ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)
    • Re: Windows 2003 Users vs Software
      ... You need to have both an admin and a limited account ... >> as a limited user, to effect, "the software has not been installed ... The users do not have rights to install programs. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
      ... already have the application pool delegated rights to the OU. ... In my experience it is because you didn't quite delegate enough rights to ... the account in the OU. ...
    • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
      ... Go to the OU in security/advanced I added my sharepoint application pool ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... Now I understand that you have given the account "full rights" of the OU, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...