Re: Cannot login from 2000 DC to 2003 DC

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 08/12/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:22:31 +0200

    Can you try and map a network drive from old server to new serve? E.g.

    net use x: \\new_server\share /user:domain\user_name password

    Does this work? If it doesn't can you try

    net use x: \\192.168.0.1\share /user:domain\user_name password

    Where 192.168.0.1 is IP of your server.

    Well it looks to me that for some reason your old server is not part of
    domain any more. What happens if you go to Site and Services and try to
    replicate servers manually? Is this successful?

    Mike

    "Walter Horowitz" <WalterH@suespammers.org> wrote in message
    > I have a network with 2 servers, an existing Windows 2000 server and a
    brand
    > new Windows 2003 server. Our objective is to change the server names so
    that
    > the new server gets the name of the existing server.
    >
    > My plan was to demote the old server and then rename it. I would then
    > promote it back. I could then demote the new server, rename it and promot
    it
    > back. I have already moved all of the roles to the new server in
    > anticipation of the demotion of the old server.
    >
    > I cannot demote the old server because it cannot login to the new server.
    If
    > I try to access shared directors on the new server from the old server,
    none
    > of the credentials work. I can login to the new server with other domain
    > computers in the local network.
    >
    > The new server is running ISA. The old server Proxy. There are no rules
    that
    > apply to the servers only. I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Walter Horowitz
    > Mardovar Networking LLC

    • Re: Fully parallel Scheme-based language w/ evaluator
      ... Windows Server 2003 and networks in simple - and irreverent - terms. ... If networking really is a big deal, ... Concepts and Terminology in Part I, and The Design and Deployment of Network ...
      (comp.lang.misc)
    • Authentication problem?
      ... How can I check on this broadcast issue you're ... are your network configuration correct. ... >>logging into a W2k server with Active Directory. ... >>from a domain login to a home login and back to a domain ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
      ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: DTS and the Internet
      ... It's good to know it is not a login problem, so I can concentrate on the ... network part of the problem. ... >>Server Administrator and has all the permissions. ... > password) for a SQL Server login, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
    • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
      ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...