Re: "Access denied" after password change

From: Ben Van Hool (bvanhool_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/03/04

    Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:16:43 +0200

    I am experiencing exactly the same problem with Win2003 SBS and an XP
    client. The client computer is a member of the domain and first I could log
    into the domain succesfully. Until I was requested a password change. Now
    the domain keeps telling me the password is wrong and won't log me in. I can
    however log into the client without being connected to the network (cached)
    and once I plug in the network I can access all resources by entering my
    username and password through the autthetication box that pops up contantly.

    In the taskbar, an icon keeps popping up, saying that I need to lock the
    computer and log in again to update my references, but when I do this I'm
    blocked again and need to restart the computer without being connected to
    the network.

    The account is not locked and I have changed the password a couple of times
    on the server, but still it won't log me in.

    Any idea is welcome.

    Ben

    "Jason Paris" <jambay53@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Users on our Win2003 SBS domain lose their network permissions after
    > being prompted to change their domain password.
    >
    > "Lose" is perhaps not strictly correct...... after the password
    > change, they successfully log on, but the logon script in NETLOGON
    > will not execute, nor will Outlook talk to the Exchange box.
    >
    > If I go to their machine and open the NETLOGON share, an
    > authentication box will appear, asking for their password (again). If
    > they provide it - and turn on the 'Remember my password' option -
    > they're away.
    >
    > In other words, the domain seems to "forget" that they've just
    > authenticated.
    >
    > Has anyone encountered this before, and if so, is there a known fix?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Jason Paris

    • RE: Wireless Security Notes and Findings (from this list and other places)
      ... There are two general areas of wireless security: Authentication and ... authentication standard that works with wireless networks. ... client computer runs a client program to connect to the network with a ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Remote Client Configuration
      ... the client computer to the SBS domain via connect computer wizard remotely. ... local network or via dial up VPN connection, you will use an local copy on ... connection is established, Group Policy is not applied during logon. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Good sites for Remote Web Workplace info/setup?
      ... on their network & see what I can do - or damage. ... I've TS'd into a server for testing, and via IIS browsing /remote, right now ... > could go for a cold one while the happy user explores SBS. ... Client Microsoft® Windows® Telephony Application Programming ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
    • Re: Good sites for Remote Web Workplace info/setup?
      ... on their network & see what I can do - or damage. ... I've TS'd into a server for testing, and via IIS browsing /remote, right now ... > could go for a cold one while the happy user explores SBS. ... Client Microsoft® Windows® Telephony Application Programming ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Wireless connects but only partially
      ... the Vista unable to access Internet. ... Please ensure the wireless client get IP address from SBS DHCP. ... Ensure the Vista could work fine when connect the SBS network thru cable. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)