Re: Windows 2003 server password questions.

From: TQuinn (bogg_at_bogg.kicks-ass.net)
Date: 07/05/04

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 21:09:24 +1000

Try setting the Min and Max password ages

"Dusty Harper {MS}" <DHarper@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Use RSOP.msc. this will tell you the policy that is affecting your
machine.
> then track down where that policy is located.
>
> Also with GPUpdate, you might want to try the /f (force ) option
>
> --
> --
> Dusty Harper
> Microsoft Corporation

> This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
>
> "Nina" <vaio9003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > When I create a new user with 4 letters such as "abcd" on my windows
2003
> > server, and it came with error
> >
> > "The password does not meet policy requirement, Check the min password
> > length, password Complexity and password history requirment."
> >
> > And thus, I went to AD users and computer and right click the domain
> > properites, then click on group policy and click edit. Locating the
> password
> > policy tab, then click not define for all. ( I also tried disable all.)
> > I then use groupupdate.exe on command prompt after I make all the
> changing.
> >
> > Go to domain controller and domain secuirty policy under administrative
> task
> > folder to apply the same thing, I still get the same error.
> >
> > (If I create like 12 letter with number and sign such as #, !, then it
> > works. How do I know what is the Password complexity requirment on my
2k3
> > server now?????)
> >
> > However, that error still come back up. Why the policy not kicking in to
> my
> > server?
> > does anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to allow users to create groups and shares
    ... Add the user/group to the Computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, Local policies, "Allow logon locally" in the Default domain controllers policy and on a existing or new created policy for the member servers. ... Filtering: Not Applied ... check with GPMC on the server or from a client the policy settings. ...
  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Domain Controller Security Policy errors
    ... Security Policy or the Domain Controller Security Policy. ... The DC is also a print and file server. ... The domain controller for Group Policy operations is not available. ...
  • Re: Security Logon/Logoff Events
    ... I haven't yet set password policy or configured account lockout policy so I ... will do that in due course to fully secure the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Move W2K3 server to its own OU seperate from SBS (MyBusiness) OU
    ... OU and move the member server to so that it does not inherit it's GPO from ... policies from inheriting the default domain policies of the SBS ... section of the default domain policy. ... In direct answer to your question, you would need to filter this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)