Re: Nortell and w2k3

From: rossi (rossi141_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/30/04

Date: 30 Jun 2004 05:11:36 -0700

You can do this by allowing UDP500 thru and setting the Contivity to
user NAT Traversal (UDP Encapsulation) and allow which ever UDP port
you assign to this thru your firewall.

Rossi

"S. Pidgorny <MVP>" <slavickp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<#ZF4ssdXEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> You need to enable UDP or TCP encapsulation for IPsec in the client and on
> the VPN server.
>
> --
> Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
> -= F1 is the key =-
>
> "Keht" <NoVirus@IHateScriptKiddies.com> wrote in message
> > I need to allow IPSec pass-through on the firewall (SBS 2003 Server using
> > RRAS) for Nortel's VPN Contivity Client. I have selected IPSec/IPSec
> > Traversal in RRAS on the IP Routing/Nat Basic Firewall/Network
> > Connection/Properties/Service and Ports, however it still does not work.
> > I've tries opening up the ports manually and this does not work either.
> Any
> > ideas??

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Cisco VPN client
    ... The UDP port 10000 configuration reference is proprietary to the Cisco VPN ... transit between the VPN client and the concentrator. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: bind() udp behavior 2.6.8.1
    ... > clearing out a UDP connection in a firewall coming from a high port is ... Allowing a high numbered udp port to remain ... I think the current OpenAFS ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Easy RRAS VPN question
    ... L2TP traffic at the UDP port of 1701. ... the security layer encountered a processing error during initial ... Jarryd ...
  • Re: Auditing
    ... I still see scanners looking for UDP port 22 every once in a while ... (script kiddies looking for poorly configured PC-Anywhere instances). ... So, this could be unrelated to your incident, and just be some random ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: tcludp - bug when closing 1-of-2 listening ports
    ... It is indeed linked with zero-sized UDP packets. ... Listening on udp port: 1300 ... recv at 1300: 4 ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)