Re: users not authorized to change password

From: Roger Abell (
Date: 06/30/04

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:08:47 -0700

Hi Carlos,

If you look at the properties of one of these problem
accounts, in the list of checkboxes for the account
attributes there is one setting it so that user cannot
change password. Is this cleared on the account?

Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4)  MCDBA
"Carlos Gallardo" <> wrote in message
> Hi , i have a Windows 2000 SBS, anda a few W2000 Workstations,
> i need the users to change their passwords, applied the checkbox on each
> user to change their password at next logon.
> everything works ok until they type they're new password with confirmation
> and everything, it says that the user are not authorized to change
> some of the users are Domain Admins
> any idea of this problem???
> thanks anyway
> Carlos

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Count records in a report
    ... Since checkboxes are usually tied to a yes/no field they always have a ... The trick here is to account for the field always having a value (-1 ... Report when a check box is ticked ...
  • Re: TPopupMenu with CheckBoxes - visibility problem
    ... Bruce Roberts wrote: ... > You may not like the standard Windows behavior but in my experience it is ... > generally well considered and often takes into account factors that may ... but if I have some normal items and some other with checkboxes it's ...
  • Re: checkboxes
    ... >I have a number of checkboxes on my webpage to select the value for ... > at the top of the page and to select the account for the donation. ... In the dialog box that opens, ...
  • Re: users not authorized to change password
    ... all the users have the right to change theri passwords ... > Hi Carlos, ... in the list of checkboxes for the account ... Is this cleared on the account? ...
  • Re: computer being used to send out email