Re: file security

From: Scott Elgram (SElgram_at_verifpoint.com)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:53:26 -0700

Andrew,
    I'm not entirely sure but I believe auditing is enabled. How can I
check / enable it?
I looked through the security log files on the server but they did not tell
me much of anything.

-Scott

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> Once way is to enable auditing to track access to files. Then check the
> security log after this enabled.
>

> "Scott Elgram" <SElgram@verifpoint.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > Is there a way to find out which user last modified any particular
file
> > over a network?
> >
> > --
> > -Scott Elgram

Relevant Pages

  • Locked out of Windows Server 2003
    ... When the security log was full, I had a network issue and ... We cannot access the server remotely ... The server has one wired and one wireless NIC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Authentication Auditing
    ... > only show in the security log of the domain computer itself - not the ... > it indeed does show that auditing of logon events is enabled for success ... It is enabled but the effective setting dispalys as "No Auditing". ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: failed logins from other domains
    ... > Recently in the security log of our win2k server I have noticed that ... probably coming from within your network. ... are you saying that the SBS server is a web server and PDC as well? ... Here's what I suggest...these failed logins are coming from somewhere, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: failed logins from other domains
    ... > Recently in the security log of our win2k server I have noticed that ... probably coming from within your network. ... are you saying that the SBS server is a web server and PDC as well? ... Here's what I suggest...these failed logins are coming from somewhere, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Audit Failures/READ_CONTROL SYNCHRONIZE
    ... You're auditing File and Object Access; you've enabled Auditing on the files ... and you're complaining about audit events ... You can't mask events out of the security log in Event Viewer. ... > Client Domain: HEX21 ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)