Re: Startup and Recovery GPO

From: Michael Patten (Michael.Patten_at_NOSPAM.Accenture.com)
Date: 06/23/04

    Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:13:15 +1000

    I know that these settings can be changed in the registry, not sure if you
    can be in GPO.

    Reg Key in XP is;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

    --
    Regards,
    Michael Patten
    "Hugo" <hugorobichrgREMOVE@CAPITALhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Everyone !
    >
    > Is there any GPO to configure those 2 settings (and all other settings on
    > this page if possible) ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Hugo

    • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
      ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be confusing ... if you put the laptops' user accounts into a seperate OU from the desktops, then you can use loopback processing to apply different User Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also seperate out the settings you want to be different into seperate GPOs ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline" prevents that from happening BEFORE redirecting any folders - its not retro active. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
      ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User ... Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be ... Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: Getting desperate: GPO applying incorrectly, PLEASE HELP ME!!
      ... User and Computer settings a single GPO,. ... OU with the Terminal Server computer accounts, ... See in particular the section called "Group Policy Loopback ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: GPO not picking up computer settings
      ... to the domain container with the password/account settings you want. ... for password/account settings and from what GPO. ... buying any of the highly rated AD or Group Policy books you see at Amazon or ... I have changed all the passwords back to what they were so users are now ...
    • Re: Getting desperate: GPO applying incorrectly, PLEASE HELP ME!!
      ... all the settings for lockdown in it. ... I think you are on to something with the linking of the GPO. ... > OU to which the loopback GPO is linked, ... > OU you placed the TS server, and you set loopback on in replace ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)